1320 Mississippi Ave Multi-Family Shelter

Washington, DC

The 19-unit multi-family shelter is owned by the District of Columbia and developed and operated by William C. Smith + Co. Originally built in 1956 as an apartment house, it was later converted into a Metropolitan Police Department substation. Vacant over ten years the major renovation components included hazmat remediation and abatement, total gut, a three-stop hydraulic elevator and extensive handicap access ramp. The structure is three stories with a partial basement on less than ¾ of an acre. There are 19 apartments one, two and three bedroom with four of them being ADA units. The project construction budget is $3.8 million.


Project Details

Project Type: , , , ,
Units: 19 apartment units
Client: William C. Smith & Co.
Value: $3.8 million